Sunday, October 21, 2012

Iron King (Iron Fey #1) By Julie Kagawa


Iron King (Iron Fey #1) By Julie Kagawa
Hmm. Another recommended series by a good friend of mine.
Positive: Oh dear. I feel so sorry for Meg and her step dad. Doesn't even remember she's there... Her brother is a psycho (for a little kid) and she is a normal girl with a best friend. A boy. Her brother keeps saying there's monsters everywhere, and after he is replaced by a challenging, Meghan must go and find her brother. Her best friend turns out to be Puck, from a Midsummer Night's Dream... which scared me a little, because I was planning to read that. I really, really liked this book.
Negative: Erk. Here we go again. The storyline is hard to follow if you don't know about the myths of faeries, ogres, etc. Just warning you, look up the origins of the names, example, Mab, Titania, and you'll get it. Otherwise, have fun reading a Midsummer Night's Dream, which is a pain. And I found a couple of mistakes.
Book rating out of 10:
8.5
# of pages: 363
How long it took me to read: 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment